October 15, 2015
Printing company seeks new part-time bookkeeper.
Our business is a 40-year old heritage brand that launched a startup ecommerce division 2 years ago. We are currently seeking a bookkeeper that besides standard bookkeeping duties can also help us analyze costs and monthly financial statements, as well as help to perform internal audits alongside our production and sales managers.
We utilize Shopify for our ecommerce site and Quickbooks for our accounting system. Applicants must have experience with both platforms.
Our business needs a dynamic bookkeeper to help us deal with the growing pains of being a startup. The ideal candidate would be able to perform some CFO duties, and offer guidance to the company managers in what is and is not profitable.
1. Tag and monitor fixed assets
2. Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
3. Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
4. Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
5. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
6. Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
7. Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
8. Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
9. Conduct a weekly reconciliation of bank account
10. Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
11. Issue financial statements
12. Provide information to the external CPA who creates the company's financial statements
13. Assemble information for external auditors if needed
14. Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
15. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
16. Maintain the chart of accounts
17. Maintain the annual budget
18. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
19. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
20. Process payroll in a timely manner
21. Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Position requires 3 days per week of work.
Please send your resume, 3 references, and salary requirement via email with the subject line, "10-15 applicant" to email@example.com.